6/30/09

More Paul Normansell:

Elvis Costello
Gloss Painted Dots On Aluminium
21cm x 28.5cm




I just happened upon this artist today for the first time, and i gotta say I'm kinda liking it.
I too love to paint celebrities although I would argue for different reasons it seems. I wish to visualize an intense emotional component in a person's expression by doing so with the touch of a brush. I feel that our emotional trigger can be pulled tighter in a painting than in real life. What a better way to expose the rawest of all emotions then when a person is captured on camera or film, a feeling or a look which is only captured in the still of a moment. Even better is when that image is translated through the physicality of the human touch weather it be with paint or whatever other material.

http://www.paulnormansell.com/page4.htm